March 24, 2012, Washington, DC: Oh yay. I received an award, bestowed upon me by the ladies at Merely Mothers. Thank you for passing along this honor and for sharing in this tradition of spreading word about new blogs on the block!
I’ve written before about how blogging has expanded my community, and it continues to happen in both the real world and the virtual one. In the virtual world, I’ve connected with countless people out there sharing reflections about all they love most, whether motherhood or traveling or the places they call home. I met Anita here, and Lesley, and even David though he lives nearby. In the real world, I’ve recently met local restaurant owners on Barracks Row and talked history with my neighbors at The Hill Center and spent St. Paddy’s Day on the docks of the Southwest Waterfront getting to know members of Washington’s liveaboard community. It’s all because we’ve started up conversations and made connections based on these topics we love.
Both in the blogosphere and in our neighborhoods, it’s all about connecting to others. For sure that’s been one of the most satisfying aspects of this project, and it’s also the clear purpose of the Liebster. In turn, here are a few more blogs worth spreading word about throughout your neighborhood.
- Softer City
- Thoughts on the Urban Environment
- The Neighborly Way
- 50 States Design Project
- Eric Murtaugh: A Freelance Writer’s Observations on Adventure
The Liebster Rules
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.